Thursday 6 October 2011

ALMOST DEAD!! Gas Pedal Stuck!

On a Thursday afternoon, while returning back home from university, I was on the highway driving at around 80km/hr. Suddenly the car started accelerating and after few seconds it has reached 140km/hr...
(I have a Mitsubishi Lancer)
I have realized that the gas pedal was stuck! I have really panicked and I started sweating! Thanks God I was not alone in the car!! My friend was sitting to my right and he started screaming when he saw the traffic too... Under pressure, I have asked my friend to grab the steering wheel and I went down to unstuck the pedal, while stepping on the brakes too! We have crashed into another car but at very low speeds. No one was injured...
I could have put the car on the neutral position to prevent its acceleration but trust me, you do not have time to analyze what to do in such situation when your life is in danger!


How stupid would you feel if something bad happened and you could have prevented it?




After investigation, I have discovered the problem. The floor mat  was jammed underneath the pedal because of the big distance between the gas pedal and the floorboard. 


MY advice : Cut the mat between the gas pedal and floorboard. Inform people and friends before they fall in a similar situation! Save their lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment